Wednesday, October 10, 2012

15 Year Intervals/my many lil backpacks

Well, I can happily say that I made it through my Saturn return. In the 29.4 years it took for Saturn to fully orbit the sun and return to the exact point in the sky that it occupied at the moment of my birth, I've seen a few major life events. Sure, I could talk ad nauseam about my travels, my short lived acting career and the ever popular subject of my divorce, but let's just focus on the life events that fell within 15 year intervals of each other...

Here I am on my first day of preschool. Equipped with my yellow Snoopy backpack and approaching the world from ballet fourth position, I'm ready to tackle both the Hebrew and English alphabets. 
 

On my first day of high school, I've ditched the yellow Snoopy backpack (too cool for any sort of backpack at that time...obvi) but my skunk stripe and Birkenstocks let those seniors know that I'm a force to be reckoned with. And by "force to be reckoned with," I mean I'm going to ditch the Homecoming dance to watch Prince of Egypt in my friend's basement.

Here I am 15 years later rocking a slightly bigger backpack and some better placed highlights. I'm heading to my 30+ hours of travel time (Lincoln-->Omaha-->Salt Lake-->San Fran-->Tokyo-->Bangkok (overnight...Correction, I meant to say One Night in Bangkok)-->Chiang Mai). I'm pretty sure that by the time I land in Chiang Mai I won't know my foot from my head but that's nothing a $.06 plate of rice noodles can't fix. I'll be sending you some transatlantic love very soon!  


แล้วพบกันเร็ว ๆ นี้


No comments:

Post a Comment